with Tom Watson and me in what they called the Duel in the Sun. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh Feb 12
At over $20 million and climbing, the sixth International has the single largest purse in esports history. Air Max 90 Sale Usa . The International, Dota 2s premier tournament, is essentially an esports World Cup. Teams gather from around the world to compete for the top prize -- almost $9 million this year -- and TI6 continues the tournaments record-breaking tradition. How does Dota 2 developer Valve, and the Dota 2 scene, continue to increase its enormous payout?In effect, the Internationals prize pool relies largely on crowdfunding. Each year since 2013, Valve has debuted an interactive Compendium, putting a quarter of the profits toward The Internationals prize pool. Through these purchasable in-game items, Dota 2 fans can support their teams and earn prizes.What wonders do these Compendiums hold? They contain digital goods, like new cosmetic items and in-game effects, to allow owners to stand out in their matches. Later years added fantasy features, not unlike fantasy football or baseball; with these features, Compendium owners can set rosters for each day to earn points, create March Madness-esque brackets, and theorize who the standout players will be for bragging rights and extra digital goods.Each year, the community around the free-to-play title has grown and potential contributors to the pool have increased. With every new feature addition and cosmetic release comes another spike in the prize pools growth chart, and its no surprise that TI6 is the biggest yet.In a year when professional Dota 2 is at its most competitive and, arguably, most engaging, the numbers speak for themselves. Millions of active players, teams and fans engage with the years highly anticipated capstone event from every region. With the Compendium, spectators have a chance to help build and grow the scene with every purchase. The Internationals prize pool isnt just an eye-catcher, but a reflection of the support of passionate Dota fans. Air Max 90 Womens Sale . - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his teams use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you look like a high school offence. Air Max 90 Buy Online . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans.  The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. http://www.lameink.com/ . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. TROON, Scotland -- Like many golf fans around the world, Jack Nicklaus was riveted by the final round of The Open on Sunday. And he believes the play of winner Henrik Stenson and runner-up Phil Mickelson surpassed that of his famed encounter with Tom Watson known as the Duel in the Sun.Our final round was really good, Nicklaus wrote on Facebook,?but theirs was even better.Stenson matched a major championship record by shooting a 63, becoming only the second player to do so in the final round and win.Mickelson, a five-time major champion who won the 2013 Open, stayed mostly shot for shot with Stenson until the end, his bogey-free 65 not enough.I was fortunate to watch every second of todays final round of the Open Championship, and I thought it was fantastic, Nicklaus wrote. Phil Mickelson played one of the best rounds I have ever seen played in The Open and Henrik Stenson just played better -- he played one of the greatest rounds I have ever seen.Stenson, 40, became the first male Swedish golfer to win a major championship and moved to No. 5 in the Official World Golf Ranking.Mickelson, 46, was bidding to become the fourth-oldest major winner and join Nick Faldo and Lee Trevino with six majors. His score of 267 was 11 strokes better than third-place J.B. Holmes?and?would have won 140 of the 145 Opens played.Phil certainly has nothing to be ashamed of because he played wonderfully, Nicklaus wrote. Henrik played well from the beginnning to end. Air Max 90 Sale Cheap. He drove the ball well; his iron game was great; his short game was wonderful; and his putting was great. Henrik was simply terrific.To win your first major championship is something special in and of itself, but to do in the fashion Henrik did it in, makes for something very special and incredibly memorable. Im proud of and happy for Henrik.Nicklaus, 76, won The Open three times as part of his 18 major championships. But one of the more memorable tournaments was his 1977 loss to Watson at Turnberry, about 20 miles south of Royal Troon.Watson and Nicklaus had the same score through 54 holes, shooting the same score each round -- including third-round 65s.Grouped again for the final round, Watson shot 65 to Nicklaus 66 in what is considered one of the sports epic showdowns. Nicklaus finished 10 strokes ahead of Hubert Green, who famously quipped afterward: I won the golf tournament. I dont know what game those other guys were playing.Wrote Nicklaus on Sunday: Some in the media have already tried to compare todays final round to 1977 at Turnberry, with Tom Watson and me in what they called the Duel in the Sun. I thought we played great and had a wonderful match.On that day, Tom got me, 65-66. Our final round was really good, but theirs was even better. What a great match today. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: