Kirkpatrick went a little further.Kirkpatrick si | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
MJL456 Jun 4
ROSMALEN, Netherlands -- Simona Halep reached her second final in a week by beating third-seeded Carla Suarez Navarro 6-3, 6-2 at the Topshelf Open on Friday to set up a title match against Kirsten Flipkens. Custom Los Angeles Lakers Jerseys . The 10th-ranked Stanislas Wawrinka advanced to the mens final by beating Guillermo Garcia-Lopez 6-1, 6-4. The Swiss will play his first career final on grass against Frenchman Nicolas Mahut. Wawrinka breezed through in the opening set but the Spaniard put up more resistance in the second, forcing 10 break points but not managing to convert any of them as the Swiss player repeatedly held his nerve in two lengthy service games. For in-form Romanian Halep, it was the second easy win against a top player on Rosmalens grass courts, after she outclassed top-seeded Roberta Vinci 6-0, 6-1 on Wednesday. Last Saturday, Halep won her first WTA title by beating Andrea Petkovic of Germany on clay in the final of the inaugural Nurnberger Versicherungscup. Fourth-seeded Flipkens of Belgium beat Garbine Muguruza of Spain 6-3, 6-1 in the other semifinal. Xavier Malisse could not make it two Belgian finalists, losing to Mahut in straight sets, 6-3, 6-3. Custom Sacramento Kings Jerseys . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. Cheap Custom Basketball Jerseys Online . Arsenal failed to take full advantage of its main rivals stumbles on Saturday as substitute Gerard Deulofeu levelled with a hard shot from a tight angle in the 84th minute to give Everton a deserved point. Ahead of a crucial fortnight that will see them play against Napoli in the Champions League, Manchester City and Chelsea, Arsenal leads by five points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. http:///...ks-jerseys-267y.html . The 43-year-old closer, in his 19th and final big league season, has said hed like to play the outfield. Yankees manager Joe Girardi says hes thinking about allowing Rivera to do it this weekend, when the Yankees finish their season with a three-game series at the Houston Astros. West Carrollton High senior linebacker/wide receiver Bryan Jones and his father are big Cincinnati Bengals fans. Inside their house, they have a man cave of Bengals paraphernalia.Jones will have a few items to add to the room this week.Jones is awaiting a box of items from Bengals cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick, who told reporters Monday that he sent off the package to thank Jones for helping him out of a jam.Jones and Kirkpatrick had never met before Sunday, but as an avid Bengals fan, Jones already knew who Kirkpatrick was when the player approached him with an unusual request.I already knew of him way before [Sunday], because I play defense, so I follow their defense a little more than the offense, Jones said.The Bengals were practicing at West Carrollton High in Dayton, Ohio, on Sunday afternoon when Kirkpatrick realized hed forgotten to pack his cleats before he got on the bus.The high school football team happened to be in the adjacent gym around the same time the Bengals were set to practice. Custom Orlando Magic Jerseys. While Bengals coach Marvin Lewis was speaking to the high school team, Kirkpatrick walked around the gym looking for anyone with cleats similar in size.Jones realized he wore the same Nike cleats that Kirkpatrick used, only one size bigger, and offered them up.Its kind of shocking -- you never want to think a player in the NFL would forget his cleats. Youd think they have extra around, but I guess everyone is human, Jones said.The Bengals equipment team initially told Jones theyd keep the cleats and send Jones new ones, but Kirkpatrick went a little further.Kirkpatrick signed the cleats and sent them back after practice, along with a signed pair of gloves that he wore that day.It worked out pretty good. It was just a blessing that he was there and he had his cleats, Kirkpatrick said on Sunday. I want to tell him I appreciate him. ' ' ' 
Share: