finalist as the best defensive forward | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
lily Jan 9
"You get a chance to see some high-end skill on display," he said. "You often see at the start of overtime when teams are fresh that it's a puck-possession game (and nobody wants to make) that turnover. "It's amazing, Corey Crawford Youth Jersey that both teams, if you watch, are feeling each other out, trying to play solid D and keep guys to the outside, and then once there's one chance, there's usually a flurry of three or four back and forth. You try to get the other team tired and then somebody tries to beat someone or somebody falls down or there's an odd-man situation." The Jets play at the Chicago Blackhawks on Friday and at the Minnesota Wild on Saturday, taking them to 26 road games, which will be the most in the League. They then have Duncan Keith Youth Jersey a six-day break (Jan. 14-19), maybe giving them more time to ponder their home-road disparity this season. "We don't know why, to be honest," Ehlers said. "Or at least I don't know. You go out there every game with the same mindset and the way you're going to play. At home, we've got this incredible support every single time with a sold-out rink and we're used to our ice. So that's the same for everyone. Everyone has their home that they're used to and we're playing really well at home. "And I think we've Jonathan Toews Youth Jersey played well away from home, but every game in this league is hard and away games are always going to be a little harder." Todd McLellan is not in danger of losing his job as Edmonton Oilers coach, general manager Peter Chiarelli said Sunday. "I have no intentions of firing Todd," Chiarelli told Sportsnet. "I want to work with the coach, and I think he's a very good coach. As far as Todd goes, and (his staff), I am not considering firing them. At this point we're going to solve it together." Following a 4-1 loss Patrick Kane Youth Jersey to the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday, the Oilers are 18-22-3, in sixth place in the Pacific Division and eight points behind the Colorado Avalanche for the second wild card into the Stanley Cup Playoffs from the Western Conference. They won four straight games from Dec. 16-23 but have not won more than two in a row at any other point this season. "Everyone is under evaluation, including myself," Chiarelli said. "We've had our challenges from a coaching perspective, and we've had our challenges from a player personnel perspective. We went into the season with certain expectations, and we're not even close to them." The Oilers finished second in the Pacific last season (47-26-9, 103 points) and made the playoffs for the first time since 2006. They lost in seven games to the Anaheim Ducks in the Western Conference Second Round.
Share: